Will a Facelift Tighten Up My Saggy Skin?
Will a Facelift Tighten Up My Saggy Skin? A facelift is a type of surgery that makes your face look and feel younger. The procedure can minimize saggy skin on the jaws and cheeks, as well as other age-related alterations in the contour of your face.
Facial plastic surgery in Beverly Hills involves pulling back a piece of skin and surgically altering the tissues beneath the skin. This is done in an effort to restore the shape of the face to a younger appearance. Extra skin is eliminated prior to the flap being sealed by stitches. Neck lift surgery is frequently performed in conjunction with a facelift to decrease fat accumulation and loose skin on the neck area.
Why is a Facelift Performed?
The look and contour of your face change as you get older due to normal age-associated modifications. Your skin loses elasticity and becomes baggier, and fat deposits reduce in certain parts of the face while increasing in other areas. Here are some of the age-related changes that may be reduced with a facelift procedure:
- Skin loosening and extra fat in the neck
- Extra skin around the bottom jaw-line
- Your cheeks appear to be sagging
- Skin fold deepening
How Do You Prepare for The Initial Consultation?
You’ll first consult with a cosmetic surgeon about a facelift. The following items are likely to be included in the visit:
- Prepare to answer questions regarding your present and previous medical conditions, prior surgeries, past complications, smoking history, and alcohol or drug use. If your cosmetic surgeon has any apprehensions about you being able to undergo surgery, he or she will perform a physical exam, request current medical records, or arrange for an appointment with a specialist.
- Give the names and dosing frequency of medications you take on a regular basis, including vitamins and prescription drugs.
- Your cosmetic surgeon will snap photographs of your face from various angles, as well as close-ups of certain attributes. To decide your best choices for face-lift surgery, the surgeon will also evaluate the structure of your facial bone, shape, quality of your skin , and fat distribution.
- Your cosmetic surgeon will inquire about your goals for the results of a facelift. The surgeon will also explain how the procedure will most likely change your look and the aspects of your face that can’t be fixed.
Prior to a Facelift
- Make arrangements for assistance during your recovery. If your facelift is performed as an outpatient procedure, arrange for a friend or family member to drive you home following the procedure and to remain with you the first night.
- The night prior to your surgery, you will be asked to refrain from eating anything after 12 am. It is crucial that you drink plenty of water and take medications as directed.
- On the morning of the surgical procedure, you will have to use a germicidal soap to wash your face and hair.
- You will be given instructions on which medications to discontinue and when to discontinue them. For instance, you will almost certainly be instructed to stop taking any blood-thinners and herbal supplements two weeks prior to surgery. Discuss with your surgeon which medications are fine to consume and if the amount should be modified.
Following a Facelift
Following a facelift, you may notice:
- Loss of feeling
- Draining from the surgical site
- Discomfort that can range from mild to moderate
If you have any of the following symptoms, contact your surgeon right away:
- Abnormal heart rate
- Breathing difficulty
- Chest pain
- Extreme pain on the side of your face
Your incision site will most likely be wrapped in bandages that apply delicate pressure to reduce swelling as well as bruising. To empty any extra fluid, a tiny tube may be positioned beneath the skin just behind your ears.
Following surgery, make sure you:
- Raise your head to sleep.
- Take pain relievers as prescribed by your surgeon.
- Use cool packs to relieve pain and swelling.
Related Videos about Will a Facelift Tighten Up My Saggy Skin? :
Will a Facelift Tighten Up My Saggy Skin?
how to tighten sagging skin on face, skin tightening before and after, how to tighten skin on face naturally, how to tighten neck skin naturally, body skin tightening, skin tightening procedures, how to tighten neck skin without surgery, skin tightening at home,
Insulin Resistance & How It Affects Skin
November 25, 2022
How to Choose Vein Finder for Hard to Find Veins
July 12, 2022