A Tummy Tuck Zaps Away Stubborn Belly Fat
April 23, 2021
A Tummy Tuck Zaps Away Stubborn Belly Fat : A variety of body surgical procedures , including a face lift, breast augmentation, and tummy tuck, are available to help improve your appearance. Tummy tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures. It reduces the size of your stomach by removing excess fat and skin.
The abdominal muscles are also tightened during this procedure. A tummy tuck can also help get rid of stretch marks that develop after pregnancy or weight loss in your lower abdomen.
Do I Meet the Requirements for a Tummy Tuck?
- It’s time to make a change if your efforts at exercising and eating a balanced diet aren’t working to reduce excess skin in your abdomen. The following are the most frequent reasons for considering a tummy tuck surgery :
- You have excess skin on your belly and/or weak abdominal muscles, as a result of aging, pregnancy, previous surgery, or weight changes.
- You don’t use tobacco. Smoking delays healing and raises the risk of severe problems. You must stop smoking at least a little over a month prior to surgery.
- Your weight has stayed the same. Slim people with saggy skin but extra fat in their lower abdomen are the ideal candidates; if you are overweight, this procedure is not for you.
- Before attempting a tummy tuck, you will need to lose weight, particularly if you have a lot of fat covering your internal organs in the abdominal region.
- You’re in good physical shape. To withstand a tummy tuck, you must be in reasonably good physical condition.
- You don’t plan on having any more children. If you become pregnant after a tummy tuck, the muscles that were strengthened during the procedure can be damaged.
- Any scars from previous abdominal surgery, whether internal or external, can affect your eligibility.
If you meet the above criteria, you will almost certainly be eligible for this procedure. Always keep a positive mindset and reasonable goals in mind.
What Should I Expect at the Initial Consultation?
During the consultation, you will meet with the cosmetic surgeon. Details about the procedure will be discussed. Also, before and after photos will be shown. This will help you make a sound decision on whether the procedure will meet your expectations. The surgeon will also address any questions or concerns. A thorough exam will be conducted to ensure you are healthy enough for the procedure.
How is a Tummy Tuck Performed?
- The middle of your abdomen and location of the reconfigured navel will all be marked on your abdomen by your surgeon.
- You will be injected with a local sedative and vasoconstrictor, which will constrict blood vessels to halt bleeding.
- The incision will extend just above the pubic region from each hip bone. A second incision is made across the navel during a complete tummy tuck. However, with a mini-tummy tuck, a smaller incision is made.
- Sutures will be inserted in the connective tissue of your abdominal muscles, and the skin on your abdominal wall will loosen. This will assist in abdominal muscle tightening.
- Once the abdominal muscles have been sutured, the cosmetic surgeon will use liposuction or other techniques to extract extra fat. The loose skin in your abdomen is then drawn down and used to conceal your incision line. The extra skin is then removed.
- Your surgeon will then mark the location of your navel. The navel will remain in place, even though the skin around it has been shifted. A hole is made and sutured in the center of the reconfigured skin.
- The incisions will then be completely sealed and drains will be inserted to prevent the buildup of fluid.
When Should You Consider a Tummy Tuck?
Body surgical procedures have become the norm in an effort to improve the body’s appearance. The following are some factors that indicate that it is time for a tummy tuck:
- If you have stretch marks or abdominal loose skin that does not respond to healthy food or physical activity.
- If you’ve had a baby or lost a lot of weight and your stomach has changed shape.
- If you’re self-conscious about your protruding belly.
- If you’re self-conscious about your stomach shape .