Great Natural Remedies for Menopausal Symptoms
Menopause is a normal part of a woman’s life cycle . It is not an illness or an affliction but its symptoms can prove to be trying and horrific if not treated with care. There are numerous common symptoms that can be alleviated and managed by following a few simple rules but each woman experiences menopause differently and responds to treatments differently too. Always remember natural remedies are not risk-free: many herbal, plant, and dietary supplements interact with common medications, so check with your healthcare provider and read up on all possible side effects.
Ten Common Symptoms
Symptoms of menopause include hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia , weight gain, anxiety, irritability, memory problems, vaginal dryness, reduced libido, and weakened bones. Some natural ways to alleviate the effects of menopause safely include habits that may already be part of your well-being regime. Getting regular exercise, practicing relaxation and deep breathing, eating a nutrient-rich diet, avoiding smoke and limiting alcohol intake, establishing good sleep habits, and talking openly about your experiences can all assist you in your journey through menopause. It is a good idea to seek counseling should your anxiety or mood changes be adversely affecting your life. Join a club, volunteer , or find a new hobby.
Keeping Your Menopausal Body Healthy
Weight gain is very common during this period in a woman’s life but lifestyle and diet changes can help with this. Stress management is important to curb over-eating and unhealthy habits. Consuming a healthy diet rich in foods containing calcium and vitamin D can alleviate some symptoms of your hormonal changes. Protein-rich foods can also help to regulate moods and sleep patterns. Including adequate fruit and vegetables in your diet also encourages less bone breakdown, which increases the risk of osteoporosis. Drinking water can help prevent weight gain, aid weight loss, and reduce symptoms of dryness.
Natural Supplements and Remedies
There are a number of options for relief from the abovementioned symptoms of menopause. These are the most commonly used natural supplements available:
- Phytoestrogens such as red clover are said to reduce hot flashes and may increase the “good” cholesterol in your body.
- Black Cohosh is used for mood management and sleep disturbances and in some women, it effectively alleviates hot flashes and night sweats.
- Dong Quai is also used to alleviate hot flashes but must be avoided by women with fibroids or blood-clotting problems. It has been used in Chinese medicine for women’s health for thousands of years.
- Ginseng improves the overall sense of well-being but does not help with hot flashes.
- Kava decreases anxiety but does not assist with hot flashes. It does, however, have the potential to cause liver damage.
- KratomIQ is a comprehensive source of information regarding the uses and benefits of Mitragyna Speciosa. This plant-based compound that is part of the coffee family is used to improve mood, relieve pain, and generally enhance the quality of life.
- Evening Primrose Oil is often promoted as providing relief from hot flashes but must not be taken with anticoagulants.
- Pills and creams made from certain species of wild yams are popular alternatives to hormone therapy.
- Probiotics and prebiotics also assist some women with their symptoms, particularly those who get frequent bladder infections.
- Green tea is associate with numerous health benefits, boosting the immune system, and preventing memory loss.
- French maritime bark extract is a plant-based supplement that may have effects on circulation and therefore has been found to assist with hot flashes.
- St. John’s Wort is often used to treat mild depression and can have benefits for women during menopause as it improves mood.
- Magnesium is known as the anti-stress, anti-anxiety mineral as it raises serotonin levels in the body to improve the overall mood.
- Acupuncture has also been used to reduce hot flashes and night sweats.
Menopause is a rite of passage on a woman’s journey to maturity. If she is able to navigate this course with some of these remedies in her pocket, she will reach her final destination a happier and healthier woman.
LivingBetter50 is a magazine for women over 50 , offering an over 50 magazine free download for women with spirit !
August 9, 2022
June 28, 2022